A Call to Artists!
Huntington Valley Arts is starting a new Event Series this January. We are currently looking for teens or adults who would be interested in sharing their work in a presentation style format this winter, right here in Huntington. The presentations will be free and open to anyone who is interested in meeting some neighbors and learning about various forms of art. After the show and tell portion, there will be the opportunity to connect with community members.
Feeling shy but want to participate? No problem! Let us know what medium you’d like to share with everyone and we will try to group a few folks together for a focused discussion on spinning, photography, woodworking, graphic design, masonry or wherever your passion lies.
Want to be a part of things but are unsure where you can help? Don’t worry, we’ve got ideas for that too.
The cadence and format will be driven by community engagement, so please sign up, reach out and come to the events. We look forward to spending a few cold nights together talking about art and building community.
A Few More Details for the Artists:
- We are looking for teens or adults who would like to share their stories as artists
- The presentations are yours to curate as you’d like, but please keep them under an hour
- Share about your joys or challenges of the medium, how your work has evolved, etc. This can be as involved or not involved as you like
- You can choose to use a PowerPoint or not, we will help coordinate logistics prior to your presentation
- Artists can bring artwork to sell, we just ask that 10% of sales that night goes to HVA to fund future projects
- Artists are welcome to organize a workshop after the presentation and charge for materials if need be
- If you would like to host at your studio, we ask that you share accessibility, parking and bathroom details on the sign up form
- Please reach out if you’ve got ideas on how to make this a success
- Share your availability on the sign up form and we will do our best to put together a schedule that works for everyone